• 1990: Green Line, a comprehensive program in which Colruyt Group management and staff commit to the environment, is launched.
• 1999: Colruyt Group builds its first onshore wind turbine on Dassenveld, Halle.
• 2006: Eldepasco nv, a joint venture between Colruyt Group and Aspiravi, lands the concession for the Lodewijkbank.
• 2009:Colruyt Group, PMV and Korys take the lead to take over the fianncialy distressed Belwind project. Construction of the wind farm starts that very year.
• 2010: The first wind turbines of Belwind start rotating.
• 2011: Eldepasco nv changes its name to Northwind nv.
• 2012: Colruyt Group, PMV and Korys decide to group their offshore wind investments and development resources. Parkwind nv is founded.
• 2013: Construction of wind farm Northwind starts on the Lodewijkbank. It is one of the largest investments of recent years.
• 2014: The first wind turbines of Northwind start rotating.
Colruyt Group operates in the food and non-food distribution sector in Belgium, France and Luxembourg, with some 400 own stores and over 500 affiliated stores. In Belgium, this involves Colruyt, Okay, Bio-Planet, Dreamland, Dreambaby, Spar and Eurospar. In France, in addition to approximately 70 Colruyt stores, there are also affiliated, independent Coccinelle, CocciMarket and Panier Sympa stores. The group is actively involved in the food service business in France (Pro à Pro) and in Belgium (Solucious). Other activities comprise the sale of fuels (DATS 24), digital printing and document management solutions (Symeta) and the production of green energy.
The group employs over 27.000 employees. Thanks to its participation in offshore wind energy and other sustainable energy projects, Colruyt Group produces more renewable energy than it uses.
Korys is the investment structure of the Colruyt family. It enjoys a diversified portfolio of investments through which it aims to create sustainable value. The belief that generating attractive returns is fully compatible with making a positive impact on the planet, is fundamental. The “3P” philosophy - People, Planet, Profit - forms the cornerstone of their investment strategy.
Korys's participation in Parkwind is a perfect example of the type of investment Korys pursues.
ParticipatieMaatschappij Vlaanderen is a Flemish independent investment company. It finances promising entrepreneurs from the very start, through the growth, to the internationalisation of their business, and also invests in large infrastructure projects. It focuses on the sustainable economic development of Flanders, with demonstrable added value for both economy and society.
In this context, particular emphasis is placed on renewable energy.